He’s conquered festival stages across the globe: Reading and Leeds, Coachella, Supersonic, Outside Lands, Splendour in the Grass, Lollapalooza and many more. As one of Australia’s biggest-selling international touring artists, hundreds of thousands of fans worldwide have witnessed his epic, sensational stadium headline shows.
Now, Laneway Presents are thrilled to announce Flume will bring his ‘Palaces’ World Tour to Perth, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Hobart this November/December 2022, presented by triple j.
TICKETS FOR ALL SHOWS GO ON SALE THURSDAY 10AM LOCAL TIME.
Flume’s first live dates down under since 2019 – come in the lead-up to his upcoming 13-track new album Palaces, released May 20 via Future Classic. After moving to NSW’s Northern Rivers following living in Los Angeles, Palaces sees Flume reconnecting with nature and collecting field recordings, the son of a horticulturist inspired by local wildlife. Led by singles ‘Sirens’ feat Caroline Polachek and ‘Say Nothing’ feat. MAY-A, Palaces follows his 2019 Grammy-nominated mixtape Hi This Is Flume, and 2016’s studio album Skin. That release hit #1 on the ARIA Album chart, #8 on the US Billboard 200, and won Flume a Grammy for ‘Best Dance/Electronic Album’. His massively successful self-titled debut landed back in 2012.
Those who tuned in to watch Flume (born Harley Streten) conquering Coachella last month – get a taste of that here – saw a festival first, his livestream utilising augmented reality (AR) and seen by millions of viewers. A star-studded line-up of guests joined Flume on stage, including Damon Albarn, Beck, Toro y Moi, Vince Stapes, Kučka, Tove Lo, May-A and Caroline Polachek… several of who also appear on the new LP.
Racking up billions of streams, for the past decade Flume has dominated music with his hypnotic and abstract compositions that awaken the senses, always making his collaborations shine. Supporting Flume in Nov/Dec are very special guests:
- Channel Tres grew up in Compton, California, and blew the roof off clubs on his third consecutive tour of Australia back in 2020. Name-checked by Sir Elton John and Tyler the Creator, Tres’ mesmerising music, movement and energy can be heard on his latest hot offering, ‘Acid In My Blood’ (Perth, Bris, Syd, Melb shows)
- Since 2019 album Pang, Caroline Polachek has been steadily releasing some of pop’s most forward-thinking and influential music. Her single ‘Bunny Is A Rider’ was named #1 song of 2021 by Pitchfork and she was previously in the much-loved indie band Chairlift. In addition to her artist career, she has written and produced songs for Beyoncé and Charli XCX, to name a few. (Syd, Melb only)
- The just-released seventh album Mahal, his first with Dead Oceans, is the boldest statement yet from South Carolina’s Chaz Bear – aka Toro y Moi, a musical mastermind who regularly spans genres. As a graphic designer, Bear has collaborated with Nike, Dublab and Van’s, while he’s recorded with Travis Scott, HAIM, and Caroline Polachek. (Perth – DJ set, Bris, Syd & Melb)
- Long-time Flume collaborator Vera Blue is an electro pop powerhouse, critically lauded across the country for her exhilarating sound, heard on singles such as the smash hits ‘Temper’ and ‘Lie To Me’, tracks smashed across triple j and streaming platforms (Adelaide, Hobart only)
- AU artist MAY-A, who joined Flume onstage in Coachella and provided guest vocals on ‘Say Nothing’, will also make a special appearance (Perth, Bris, Syd & Melb)
|Fri, 11 Nov 2022
|Red Hill Auditorium (18+)||Buy Tickets|
|Wed, 16 Nov 2022
|Riverstage (all ages)||Buy Tickets|
|Fri, 18 Nov 2022
|The Dome, Sydney Showground (16+)||Buy Tickets|
|Thu, 24 Nov 2022
|John Cain Arena (all ages)||Buy Tickets|
|Wed, 30 Nov 2022
|Adelaide Entertainment Centre||Buy Tickets|
|Fri, 02 Dec 2022
|Regatta Grounds (18+)||Buy Tickets|